So in this post i’m going to be listing and talking about certain things I think December cannot possibly be without! A to do list as it were…
- Start a Christmas movie marathon with the family, including all of my very own personal favourite films as well as your typical Christmas classics! – The Grinch is definitely on the top of my list.
- Decorate my house and bedroom so it’s irresistibly Christmassy – there is nothing better than having a cosy warm feeling to a home around Christmas time, and decorating the house will help do this! Whack out the tinsel, the mistletoe anything you can find remotely Christmassy and watch your house transform to your every day home into a winter wonderland!
- Start thinking about things I’m going to hand-make this year, thinking of all the different gift ideas – I’ve already got a fair few floating around in my head 🙂
- Drive or walk around different areas hunting for Christmas lights, everything looks so beautiful around Christmas time and it’s all because of a few little lights, so go out and explore, you wouldn’t want to miss it!
- Go for as many wintery strolls as I can – making sure I admire all of the wonderful colours nature has to offer, watching the leaves fall from the trees, taking my time to take it all in (remembering to wrap up warm of course, I don’t want a cold for Christmas!)
- Ensure that I have an absolutely humongous home-made delicious hot chocolate with plenty of cream and marshmallows with lots chocolate sprinkles… Mmmm…
- Make sure I complete my present check list, ensure I have got everyone something and haven’t missed anybody out.
- Go out to my local Christmas markets (they’re my favourite) – there’s so many things I love at the stalls, it’s hard to come home with just one thing!
- Wonder around the place looking for Christmassy inspiration! (for gifts)
- Make some freshly baked cookies for the family!! Mmm… yet again more Christmas treats 😛
- Buy a wonderfully whacky Christmas jumper. Is it really Christmas without one?!
- Stock up on the winter’s lovely fluffy socks! You can never have too many.
- A random act of kindness.
- Make a Christmas wish.
- Make sure I put enough effort in to see all of my family members in December! – My family is HUGE!!
- Gather up all of my close family, turn off all of the lights apart from the fairy and Christmas lights and perhaps a couple of candles and play some Christmas songs on full blast and dance around in our onsies/ pj’s.
- Gather up pine cones and fern leaves on a wintery walk and decorate your house with them – nothing looks as great as the real deal, the real thing. It really does give your house such a Christmassy feel.
- Meet up with a group of friend’s and go out for a hot drink and a catch up – or if you’re feeling a little bit more daring or adventurous why don’t you turn those hot chocolates into a couple of cocktails and see where the night takes you!
- Eat an unhealthy amount of chocolate – did I mention it’s actually socially acceptable to eat chocolate for breakfast in December? Well now you know 😛
And last but not least…
20. Light up the fire and all gather around it maybe toast a marshmallow or 2 and talk about all things you’ve done over the past year and just generally have a laugh and a giggle together. – If you don’t have a fireplace in your house, get a group of friends together and go out and make your own fire perhaps on a beach or something (obviously make sure you’re allowed and it’s safe to do so first), and just look up… The starts look beautiful at this time of year.
This is my list of the top 20 things I need to do before the end of December.
Do we have anything in common? Tell me what some of the things you need to put on your Christmas to do list!
Happy December everyone,